Friday, February 26, 2010

Losing teeth

Trent has now lost 2 teeth! He lost the first one on December 30.



He really started to talk with a lisp after he lost the first one. It was so cute!! He may still do it, but it may not be as noticeable to me anymore.
The second one he lost was at the Houston Marathon that Aaron ran on January 17. This is him when we first got there, waiting for Daddy to cross the finish line...





You have to look really close, but you can see that there's still only one tooth missing. After Aaron was done with the marathon, we were all hanging out celebrating, and I gave Trent a crunchy granola bar. That must have been when the tooth came out. We had some friends there that we hadn't seen in a while and we told Trent to show them his missing tooth. So he did, and I did a double take and said, "Where is your other tooth?!" Apparently it's somewhere in downtown Houston...or he swallowed it. Only God knows! So this is him after we realized the tooth was gone.


So...what do you do about leaving your tooth under your pillow for the tooth fairy when you have no tooth? This is what parenting is all about...improvisation! We had Trent write a letter to the tooth fairy explaining the situation. Here's what it said:
Dear Tooth Fairy,
I lost a tooth. No really, I lost my tooth. I cannot find my tooth.
Love,
Trent
HYSTERICAL!!! I love that son of mine!

1 comment:

The Q. Family said...

Nice to see you blogging again! Trent is adorable!!