Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Second ultrasound

I am horrible at keeping up with this blog! It's been 2 weeks since my ultrasound and I am just now getting around to posting anything about it. Let's get right to the pictures!

This is the "alien" shot! So funny! What I love is that you can see his or her little arm and all five fingers right above the face, like he or she is waving to the camera. (I'm so sick of saying "he or she"! I want to know!)



Profile view--that's the hand right above the mouth.



The ultrasound was the first of two for the nuchal screen to check for certain birth defects like Downs syndrome. We weren't worried about it, and it wasn't a mandatory test, but we're getting 2 ultrasounds out of it, so why not!? It also requires blood work that I did the day of the ultrasound, and then I go back on February 14 to do the second round of blood work. THEN on February 21 is the second ultrasound where we will find out whether this baby is a boy or a girl. I cannot wait! I'm ready to start buying stuff!

Last weekend we drove to Round Rock to spend the weekend at Laura and Kyle's. Some friends of theirs threw a couple's baby shower for them. Conly and Amanda also came down for it. It was definitely a full house, and we had such a good time. Three pregnant women--how much more fun can you get!

Here's the 3 of us at the baby shower--34 weeks, 26 weeks, 12 weeks



And this is just a sweet picture. Aaron miraculously got Garrett and Trent to go down for a nap at the same time, and Laura and I couldn't resist getting a picture.

No comments: