Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Update

I passed my 2nd glucose test that actually diagnoses gestational diabetes! It was a long 3 hours and they had to take my blood 4 times throughout the whole thing. AND I didn't get to eat until after it was all over so I was STARVING! But it's over, and I got my results back and passed. My doctor said I was just barely over the limit on the 1st one, so there was really nothing to worry about. I went to the doctor for my 4 week checkup yesterday, and everything is looking great. I have gained 22 pounds overall so far, baby's HR was 157, and my fundal height is measuring right on track at 28 inches. We start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now, which sort of feels like a huge milestone. I know I am in my 3rd trimester, but it just didn't feel official until Dr. Taylor said we will come back every 2 weeks. We are really on the home stretch!


On Sunday, we went to pick up a crib and changing table/dresser from Aaron's good friend Mark's storage building. Mark was nice enough to GIVE us both pieces and they are absolutely beautiful! Drew's room really seems like a room now, and I couldn't be more excited. I put his bedding in the crib, and it looks awesome. Aaron is planning on putting the chair rail up very soon. I took pictures of Drew's room the other day, but Aaron took the camera with him to D.C., which is where he is currently on a plane to right this minute. He and our friend Robert have to go there for a meeting, and I'm sure they will do some sightseeing, so Aaron took the camera. I will try and post pics when he gets back.


Trent is also getting very excited about being a big brother. When we set up the crib and changing table in Drew's room, we were all standing there looking at it and Trent came over to me and kissed my belly (like he does all the time) and said, "We love you, baby Drew! Your room is ready!" It was the sweetest thing in the world! I love that sweet boy so much. I can't wait until I am no longer working such horrible hours and I can spend more time with him and Aaron and, when the time comes, Drew too. 42 MORE DAYS until my last day of work!

No comments: