Friday, August 21, 2009

Drew's 1st birthday party

We had Drew's 1st birthday party on August 1...I know, I'm a bit behind! But I am going to try to catch up soon because Trent is about to start KINDERGARTEN and I'm sure I'll have a lot to blog about! More on that later...

Here are some pics from Drew's 1st birthday party. We kept it very small. My mom and sister came down for it. Also in attendance were our friends Robert, Katie, Kennedy, and Riley Plunkett, and also our friends Mark Koeppen, Martha Duenas, and Dylan Koeppen.

The decorations and presents



Walking toward me



Sweet Riley



Boone is ready to party



Trent and Dylan watching something on Mark's ipod--they are obviously too cool for all this baby stuff! :)



Drew's smash cake



Gimme gimme gimme!



Ooo, fun!




Sweet baby boy!




We finally had to cut off a piece because he really didn't know what to do with that big ol' cake!



He loved squishing it in his hands!



Boone was dying to get some of that cake!



This is about the time he started rubbing it into his belly. We tried to tell him that the cake was not going to get in his tummy through his belly button!



I don't know what he was doing here, but I just thought this was hilarious!



There's his belly


Nice highlights
This one cracks me up too. Boone is waiting so patiently for something to drop on the floor...you can almost read his mind!



The cake for everyone else--it matched the invitations!



Ooo--presents!



Big brother testing the new toys








Hammering away!


This is what Aaron and I got him

1 comment:

Sally & Dennis said...

Loved the pictures of Drew's B'day party. What a cute guy!! And, so smart in terms of getting the cake into his tummy so fast! I can't even imagine Trent starting kindergarden. Take lots of pictures of that too. He is so ready, I'm sure. Love you all. Sally/MOM