Friday, December 18, 2009

Halfway to 1st Grade

I didn't really think of this as a milestone. But when Trent came home from school today, it hit me...he's halfway through his kindergarten year. How can that be possible? It seriously seems like maybe a month ago that I was fighting back tears as I dropped him off for his first day. I know I'll be saying that again at the end of the year, and again at the end of every school year after that. He brought home a bag full of things that he's worked on this first semester, and it makes me so proud. There were a couple of gifts in there that he made in class (with a little help from his teacher--you can tell she put a lot of time into them). There were 2 ornaments that are so perfect and so touching. It's reasons like this that I adore his teacher. Mrs. Duckett has been wonderful to him and to me. I try to help her out as much as I can because I truly appreciate everything she does for her students. She is an incredible teacher with such a passion for what she does. It seems to come so naturally to her. I appreciate her more than she'll ever know. And Trent adores her too.

I'm so proud of my kindergartener! He's so smart and creative and funny and sweet!!

No comments: