Wednesday, July 16, 2008

37 weeks

We had another ultrasound this morning. We didn't get any good pictures because the little turkey is facing my back, so he was not about to show us his face. I saw Dr. Taylor after the ultrasound, and she checked me and I am about 1 cm dilated and 40% effaced. Yea! We're on our way. Aaron is thinking July 25, and my mom thinks the same thing, so we shall see! I can handle that. Now I just need to pack a bag! And do about a million other things too, but it will get done.

Last night I went to my first Mom's Club event. It was our Mom's Night Out, and I had so much fun. We just had desserts at one of the mom's house. There were 6 of us, and I really hit it off with all of them. We all talked the night away, and before we knew it, it was 12:30am! Haven't stayed up that late in quite a while. There were 2 other women there that are also pregnant. One is due right about the same time I am. It was so nice to just sit and talk with all of them. And the desserts were delicious! I can't wait for future events and to take Trent and Drew with me to some of them. The Mom's Club has something on the calendar pretty much every day M-F, so we have our pick of fun stuff to do.

Trent has started going half days at Primrose, and so far it's going pretty well. He has mentioned a couple of times that he would rather stay at school with his friends, but I think it's just because it's something different. It is just a transition that he has to make, and usually transitions like these are a piece of cake for him. So I can't help but feel a little twinge of guilt when he says that he wants to be at school. I know it can't be the funnest thing in the world to spend his afternoons with his hugely pregnant mommy, but I've been thinking up fun things we can do that don't take too much energy on my part. Because that's what I'm lacking at this point--energy! Today we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and he played on their playground for a little while. He fell asleep on the way home and I had to wake him up to get him inside (there's NO way I could have carried him). So now he's laying down and I would really like him to get a good nap in, but so far he is just laying there singing and talking to himself. So we'll see if that happens. At least he's resting!

1 comment:

The Q. Family said...

Not much longer sweetie!! Hang in there! I can't wait to see pics of the newest arrival!!