Wednesday, July 23, 2008

38 weeks---Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk!

Okay, so I just got home from the dr's office after having to wait for 2 hours for her. (She had to do an emergency procedure at the hospital.) I have been really miserable the last couple of days and getting kind of depressed, so having to wait for a long time to see the doctor was starting to take its toll on me. The nurse did the whole weight (I'm now up 42 lbs.!), blood pressure (108/74), and baby's heart rate (in the 140's) thing, and everything obviously looks fine and dandy. My feet and hands have been swelling a lot in the past week or so, but especially my left foot. I think it's because the baby is sitting on something that is causing it to do this, but my left calf has been sore like I pulled a muscle and my left foot swells more than my right. My feet swell a lot when I am sitting upright in a chair with my feet on the floor. That causes me to need to stand up, which is also painful because now I'm standing on swollen feet. So pretty much the only comfortable way to sit is in the recliner with my feet up. And I have way too much to do to be sitting in the recliner all day!

Anyway, Dr. Taylor finally got back and it was a whirlwind from there! She told me I am about 1.5cm dilated and 50% effaced. And then she asked me if I wanted to be induced at a certain point. I said, without hesitation, yes! And so, after a few mind-racing moments (my mind was racing anyway), it was decided that we will go in on Sunday night and I will be induced Monday morning, unless we get bumped, and I'm praying we don't get bumped! So unless he decides to come before then, we will have Drew on Monday! Yea! I am so excited, I can't see straight!

I haven't posted any pictures in a while, so I thought I would do that now. Here they are:


Aaron and I at Trent's preschool's 4th of July parade

Trent waving to Mommy and Daddy--his class made "Uncle Sam" masks--too cute!
Aaron getting ready for his 5k race--Lunar Rendezvous Run at Space Center--7/19/08
Mommy and Trent waiting for Daddy at the finish line
Giving Daddy a thumbs up
Waiting for Daddy, staying hydrated!
Aaron coming in at the finish line--23:14
The family after the race
This is me today--38 weeks!

No comments: